Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What's Luxembourg Like?

Last weekend five of us drove to Luxembourg for a night and a day. Luxembourg is the tiny little country between France, Belgium, and Germany that's basically just one city.



Luxembourg is kind of a hybrid of French and German cultures, but it's a nice little place. It's kind of a city-state, which I appreciate. The old part of the town is in a valley along a river, and the newer stuff is on the higher land surrounding. It makes for a nice, walkable area that's hard to get lost in.

Generally, the Luxembourgers were friendly and good-looking, and enjoyed bad American pop. Also, they really seem to like Coronas (the Mexican beer), a preference that will forever remain mysterious to me.

I didn't take any pictures in Luxembourg, so here's one from the archive of me endangering a cute Peruvian child:


Beyond that, I'm adjusting to military life pretty well. I'm keeping a decently scruffy beard so that no one confuses me for a service member, and I'm getting used to filling out redundant forms. Yesterday I set off the alarm in the gym by scanning my ID card. The computer yelled out, "Intruder Alert", which seemed a bit harsh. The girl behind the desk explained to me that it would take a few weeks for my access privileges to propagate through the system and that I shouldn't take it too personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment