Friday, May 11, 2012

Where Is Brian?

Many of you have probably a conversation roughly similar to the following:
"Do you know what I think about all the time? Where Brian Erly is."
"Me too. He mentioned that he might make a blog for his travels summer."
"I wonder if that's happening? Do you think he forgot?"
"If he did, I wouldn't blame him. He's probably very busy with very important things."
"Do you think I should feel hurt if he did forget?"
"No. Like I said, he's very important. Does the eagle have time to spare for a mosquito? Or the Alps for a mole hill? Or the sea for a rain puddle?"
"You're right. Brian is above our judgement, or perhaps even our comprehension."
Your sentiments are understandable, but I want to assure you that, in many ways, I am much like you. I can empathize with your curiosity, even if I can never fully grasp it. Here's a rough sketch of my itinerary;

Los Angeles: Friday, May 11-Monday, May 14
New York: Tuesday, May 15-Friday, May 18
Frankfurt/Landstuhl: Saturday, May 19-Sunday, July 1

(I also have a three day weekend on Memorial Day (May 26-28) that I may use to do something fun.)

If you are feeling sad about me leaving, feel free to listen to the Kinks over and over until you feel better, or hungry, or sleepy, or just get distracted by something else.


1 comment:

  1. Mosquito!!!!! Mole hill!!!! Rain puddle!!!!!
    I am your MOTHER and you should be HONORED that I am reading your blog!!!!!
    (love you anyway:)

    ReplyDelete